18 May 2007

A Thousand Years.

A thousand years, a thousand more,
a thousand times, a million doors, to eternity.
I may have lived, a thousand lives, a thousand times.
an endless turning, stairway climbs
to a tower of souls.
If it takes, another thousand years, a thousand wars,
the towers rise, to numberless floors, in space
I could shed, another million tears, a million breaths,
a million names, but only one truth to face.
a million roads, a million fears
a million suns, ten million years, of uncertainty.
I could speak, a million lies, a million songs,
a million rights, a million wrongs, in this balance of time.
But if there was, a single truth, a single light
a single thought, a singular touch, of grace
then following. this single point , this single flame,
the single haunting memory... of your face.
I still love you,
I still want you.
A thousand times, the mysteries, unfold themselves
like galaxies, in my head.
I may be numberless, I may be innocent
I may know many things, I may be ignorant.
I've kept this single faith, I have but one belief...
I still love you,
I still want you.
A thousand times, the mysteries, unfold themselves
Like galaxies in my head.
On and on the mysteries... unwind themselves,
eternities still unsaid...
'til you love me.



Sting, A Thousand Years.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A blog from